It's a simple question. Where is God. Well, in this case it's a bit tongue in cheek, not the really serious theological question of where to find God. No, here we have two little boys, somewhat rambunctious and maybe a bit mischievous. They are just having fun, until asked, "Where is God?"
Where is God?
A couple had two little boys, ages 8 and 10, who were excessively mischievous. The two were always getting into trouble and their parents could be assured that if any mischief occurred in their town their two young sons were in some way involved.
The parents were at their wits end as to what to do about their sons' behavior. The mother had heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children in the past, so she asked her husband if he thought they should send the boys to speak with the clergyman.
The husband said, 'We might as well. We need to do something before I really lose my temper!' The clergyman agreed to speak with the boys, but asked to see them individually. The 8 year old went to meet with him first. The clergyman sat the boy down and asked him sternly,'Where is God?'
The boy made no response, so the clergyman repeated the question in an even sterner tone, 'Where is God?' Again the boy made no attempt to answer. So the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face, 'WHERE IS GOD?'
At that the boy bolted from the room and ran directly home, slamming himself in the closet. His older brother followed him into the closet and asked what had happened. The younger brother replied, 'We are in BIG trouble this time. God is missing and they think we did it.'
Proverbs from First Graders
A first grade teacher presented each of the 25 children in her class the first half of a well known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. Imagine the insight to be gained from this class of 6 year old children.
- Don't change horses ___ until they stop.
- Strike while the ___ bug is close.
- It's always darkest before ___ Daylight Saving Time.
- Never underestimate the power of ___ termites.
- You can lead a horse to water but ___ how?
- Don't bite the hand that ___ looks dirty.
- No news is ___ impossible.
- A miss is as good as a ___ Mister.
- You can't teach an old dog new ___ math.
- If you lie down with dogs, you'll ___ stink in the morning.
- Love all, trust ___ me.
- The pen is mightier than the ___ pigs.
- An idle mind is ___ the best way to relax.
- Where there's smoke there's ___ pollution.
- Happy the bride who ___ gets all the presents.
- A penny saved is ___ not much.
- Two's company, three's ___ the Musketeers
- Don't put off till tomorrow what ___ you put on to go to bed.
- Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and ___ you have to blow your nose.
- There are none so blind as ___ Stevie Wonder.
- Children should be seen and not ___ spanked or grounded.
- If at first you don't succeed ___ get new batteries.
- You get out of something only what you ___ see in the picture on the box.
- When the blind lead the blind ___ get out of the way.
- And the WINNER is: Better late than ___ pregnant.