Charlie Brown. Snoopy. Linus. Lucy. Creations from the imagination of Charles Schultz. An entire generation grew up laughing and learning from the Peanuts comic strip. The author is also attributed with the following words of wisdom, wisdom of Peanuts!
Words of Wisdom from Charles Schultz, Creator of the "Peanuts" Comic Strip.
You don't have to actually answer these 6 questions, just read them straight through:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do with these 6 questions:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
The lesson . . .
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.
They are the ones that care.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
Thank you for visiting A Time to Laugh .org today.